1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using Google Gears on multiple computers (or at least multiple accounts)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hisgirl, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hisgirl

hisgirl Thread Starter

I was wondering whether there's a way to move my database (on Google Gears) from one user account to another (on the same computer), and whether there's also a way I can do that from one computer to another (from my desktop to netbook, for instance)?

I'm having internet connection issues (plenty in fact):
    • My modem (LAN and Wi-Fi) probably died of old age (or over-heating) or it got struck by lightening;
    • I've been getting thunderstorms in my area (meaning I'll have to unplug a lot and lose plenty of online work time);
    • My USB dongle won't work on my Guest account and I can't seem to give it any admin rights on Vista.
    So it's just terrible that I'm stuck with one computer (a Windows Vista desktop--meaning it constantly needs to be plugged-in) during these times. I'd like to be able to move them on my Windows 7 netbook or to accounts where the USB dongle works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice