1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using greek symbols in Photoshop image text - possible?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Andy_S, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andy_S

Andy_S Thread Starter

Hi all,

I'm making a scientific poster presentation and am using Photoshop to make some of the fancy visuals for it.

I have some text in a bubble, but I'd like the text to include some of the Greek symbols you can get in MS Word or similar applications.

Copy - pasting the text across from Word into my Photoshop text layer doesn't work. The text comes across fine but I simply get spaces where all my theta, phi and whatnot were.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get these symbols to correctly display in Photoshop? I've Googled it and looked at the manual to no avail.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum - it looked the most likely one to me.

Cheers! :)

2. Andy_S

Andy_S Thread Starter

Oops - turned out the solution is simple. For anyone else who wants to know, there's a font called Symbol which, unsurprisingly, has lots of common Greek and Latin symbols. ;)

Now I feel stupid.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298709