Using HDMI cable to HD screen problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

m1k3y123

Right basically i'm running a custom built computer with a Acer 24" HD computer screen. I am using a HDMI cable from the back of my graphics card to my screen. The problem I am facing is that the sound is only coming from the built in speaker on the screen and I cannot plug earphones into the computer to bypass the sound travelling through the HDMI cable. There is a 3.5 jack on the back of the screen but I have a feeling that this is input and not output so I cannot get any sound going through to anywhere apart from the screen which is disappointing news for my new mini hi-fi system. Any help would be appreciated

Thankyou
Mike

etaf

Wayne
you may be able to change the sound from HDMI on the Sound section of control panel
what windows version do you have?

m1k3y123

Windows 7 mate... I've tried disabling the sound coming from the screen and using the NVIDIA High Definition Audio as my first choice but it doesnt do anything :/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online