1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using HDTV as a second monitor - edges of display are cut off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tommyjones, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommyjones

tommyjones Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a new-ish laptop and a brand new HDTV, a Proscan 26 inches with a resolution of 1366x768 (which is slightly weird and may be related to the problem). I have the laptop connected to the TV by HDMI as an extension of the desktop, and I'm running into a problem. On each edge of the screen, a small margin of the picture is cut off. Despite changing the aspect ratio of the picture in the TV settings to each option, changing the resolution to both larger and smaller settings, and reinstalling the driver for my video card, I haven't been able to find any setting that fixes this. I've spent a few hours on this and exhausted all my options as a more-or-less computer competent person, and I'm getting frustrated. It's simply as if the picture is zoomed in too far, even though there is no zoom setting. Can someone help me out here? I would be incredibly grateful.

-Tommy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice