Using HDTV as a second monitor - edges of display are cut off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tommyjones

Hi,

I have a new-ish laptop and a brand new HDTV, a Proscan 26 inches with a resolution of 1366x768 (which is slightly weird and may be related to the problem). I have the laptop connected to the TV by HDMI as an extension of the desktop, and I'm running into a problem. On each edge of the screen, a small margin of the picture is cut off. Despite changing the aspect ratio of the picture in the TV settings to each option, changing the resolution to both larger and smaller settings, and reinstalling the driver for my video card, I haven't been able to find any setting that fixes this. I've spent a few hours on this and exhausted all my options as a more-or-less computer competent person, and I'm getting frustrated. It's simply as if the picture is zoomed in too far, even though there is no zoom setting. Can someone help me out here? I would be incredibly grateful.

-Tommy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online