1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using hotel's wifi on business

Discussion in 'Networking' started by redhairedfury, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redhairedfury

redhairedfury Thread Starter

My dad is taking his old brick windows 2000 laptop on a business trip. Note that it is not for his work, just to check his email and do finances. He has 2000 as I just said, and a old network card that looks like it is missing an antenna.
    I have messed with it, but I can't even get it to connect to our home wifi. Is 2000 even compatible with current technology? Or am I being stupid and he just needs a new card? Or does he need a decent laptop?

2. jmwills

jmwills

He only needs a new card and some refresher courses on internet security while traveling.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I take a very old laptop with me when I travel. Compaq Armada 1750 with an up2date WiFi card. Wouldn't hurt to put a Software firewall on there for him as well.

4. redhairedfury

redhairedfury Thread Starter

Ok thanks. That is what I had thought.
    I will definitely put some security on it (firewall etc).

5. jmwills

jmwills

I recently started using Comodo Firewall becasue of my location and find it very user friendly and FREE!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice