Using Incredimail and OE 5.50

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buf

I just recently installed Incredimail and "think" I want to keep this as my only email application. How can I safely turn off OE while I try just the Incredimail only. After my test period, I may want to go back to using OE only and if so, I would then remove Incredimail from my system. I am running Win98SE and IE5.01SP2.
TIA

Not sure what you mean by turning off OE - just don't use it for now.
I'm not at all familiar with Incredimail but there should be a setting in there somewhere to keep messages on the server. I'd suggest checking that so if you do decide to go back to OE, it'll download all of the messages there instead of them being stuck in Incredimail.

buf

After posting my question, I knew I had phrased my it incorrectly. I should have tested a theory first and I just did that and found that I should simply open only Incredimail when checking to see if I have mail. Didn't occur to me that this action accomplishes my object of "turning off OE". There is a server available in the Incredimail software. As a general rule, I do not save very much email. This software is great and has many options but don't know how "safe" it is to use to avoid the attacks that OE seems to get so many times. The choices of stationary seems unlimited!
Thanks for your time in responding to my post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online