1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Using iTunes w/Windows 10 to load music for Android phone

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by bj nick, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

(Admin: I have no idea if this post should be in Windows 10, Apple Devices, or Android phones.....feel free to move as appropriate!) I have a Windows 10 PC and a Samsung S9+. I've used iTunes for years, but as little as possible, as I don't get the structure/functions at ALL. Second nature for MAC users and children, but incomprehensible to me. I have a bunch of music on my phone that I loaded with Double Twist years ago, but I am stymied in my efforts to add more. Double Twist is not doing what it says it is supposed to, I am unable to copy iTunes playlists to the phone, I've googled all this half to death.....and nothing works.

Can someone patiently give me a step-by-step how to transfer music from my PC to my phone?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Unfortunately, that not help us to know what you have already tried that did not work so that we may suggest something new. Please let us know what things you have tried. Also, tell us exactly how Double Twist is not working for you.

I found some information on the Double Twist website for two possible causes of your problem and their solutions.

https://www.doubletwist.com/help/question/how-to-troubleshoot-itunes-library-playlist-importing/

Do you have an Apple Music account?

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Thank you. What I've tried......ugh.....I have the PC and phone connected w/USB cable; in File Explorer the phone shows up. * I tried copying the playlist to a folder on the phone (with File Explorer).....seems like the easiest solution.....but the playlist will not allow itself to be copied. I have no clue how to get the playlist from iTunes on my desktop to the phone. * I follow Double Twist's directions for Sync (I purchased the Sync Pro version), but it says "Failed" every time. (I followed their troubleshooting guidelines which did nothing.) * I tried to upgrade on the phone to the Pro version I purchased, but there's no option for that.....they want to charge me another $7.95......really??? I imagine I need the same version of DT on both PC and phone, but I can't believe they expect me to purchase the app for BOTH. So at this point, I have no clue what to do. I posted in their "community" as well but haven't heard back. This should be soooo simple......

4. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Okay.....I've managed to load the right playlist from iTunes, with the Double Twist Sync Pro app I purchased. No problem. It wouldn't work at first, but now for some reason it is working every time.

The other method--dragging and dropping music files into the phone--I believe that once I've finally gotten my file explorer structure working right, the process will be easy. I'm going to mark this "resolved" for now......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice