1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using kaspersky and avg antivirus at the same time

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by noiskee, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noiskee

noiskee Thread Starter

hi.. my computer runs in windows xp, intel celeron 1.80 ghz with 768 mb ram. my computer is the server in our internet shop so we plug usb drives, floppy disks, use the internet, download files here a lot. i only used kaspersky but a virus was able to get in my computer so i taught of using two antivirus programs at the same time. now, im currently running avg free 7.5.432 and kaspersky 6.0.1.411. both are updated. sometimes KAV detects a virus and sometimes its avg. and somehow a virus was able to get in my computer so i used norton ghost to restore my system. i've read articles about using antivirus programs at the same time.and people say it's bad and not advisable. but are there exceptions?in terms of compatibility.Is running avg and KAV really bad for the computer in terms of security? what antivirus software can really protect my computer against viruses and spywares and other malicious attacks?pls help me.thanks!

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

The only way you are going to protect your computer is to stay away from P2P, and sites that are questionable. Did you pay for Kaspersky 6.0? Did you buy a subscirption for updates--its not a free program.

3. noiskee

noiskee Thread Starter

my kaspersky is on a trial key.

4. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

The regular advice given here at TSG is to run only one anti-virus program (likewise with firewalls). Run two or more and they will conflict. The v"top drawer" program is said to be "NOD 32," which will cost some "mulla."

{redoak}

5. wray265

wray265

only use one... i had kaspersky and avg free on my computer at the same time a while ago... not a good mix.. my computer ended up going to the shop... took them a week befor they figured out what exactly happened.... think of it as the cold war... two world powers growing on eachother... except theyre actually gonna launch, your computer will crash eventually (garanteed)... if you want better protection either stay with kaspersky or switch to NOD 32...

6. noiskee

noiskee Thread Starter

can i install both kaspersky and nod32 but only run one at startup?for example, run kaspersky antivirus protection.but not nod32.use nod32 just for occasional scanning.

7. noiskee

noiskee Thread Starter

my compter is an acer aspire e560c.windows xp ME.1gb mem.intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz.160gb HD.ATI xpress x200 graphics.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice