Using Kompozer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

visnucky

iMac OS x (10.5.8)

How do I transfer text I have typed in under Publish (or should it go somewhere else)
to a specific page on my website? My website name is already listed on side of screen
but I don't see how to get the text over to it and in the right place. Also, how do I
remove text I no longer want on my website.

Visnucky---new to KomPozer. Help wasn't much help.

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
I haven't used Kompozer much on Mac OS X but I've used it on Windows and Linux.

The built-in site publishing capability isn't very good and I suggest using a FTP client to transfer the files to the server.

If you insist on using the built-in publishing capability, we can walk through it but be prepared for pain and agony. :)

Peace...

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
I agree! I use "FileZilla," which has a modest annual charge.

{redoak}

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
FileZilla is an option as well as some other FTP clients for Mac OS X.

Peace...

visnucky

I would like step by step instructions on how to add and remove graphics (mainly photos but also art) and text with Kompozer on my website.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
To delete, right click on the graphic and choose from the menu. Text can be removed by "selecting" and then tapping the "Delete" key.

Adding a graphic, Click "Insert" and choose from the menu. The graphic has to be resident in both your computer's "Images" file and in the "FileZilla" file of the same name.

Go to this Google page for a listing of tutorials:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...2&ved=0CBkQvwUoAQ&q=kompozer+tutorial&spell=1

{redoak}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online