1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using mail forms brings up AOL rather than Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bardthorst, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bardthorst

bardthorst Thread Starter

I have tried to reset IE through TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS, choosing OUTLOOK EXPRESS, however, this does not work. That pesky AOL program tries to load whenever I try to use someone's website form or link to e-mail, and I can't make it stop. Can someone please make it stop? :eek: Thanks.

addendum: Okay, through some research, I found that AOL made an apparent permanent association with e-mail when I use IE as a browser. In AOL's Settings, it says that you can review or change the settings by clicking on Set-Up, but it lies. Now my question is: Do you think I will have to un-install AOL and re-install it in order to get rid of the problem. I know some of you will suggest that unstalling AOL and not re-installing it would be a better solution, but too many people have used that e-mail addy for too long for me to want to change it, at least at this point. Thanks again.

2. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

With Internet explorer open go to tools, internet options, then programs and make sure it says outlook express next to email!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice