1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using "Media Player Classic" How To Change Brightness??

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tzx613, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzx613

tzx613 Thread Starter

Years ago I installed K-Lite Codec Pack with MPC and would try to change the brightness in MPC by going View > Options > Miscellaneous. Then there is the options to change brightness, contrast, hue, saturation.

[​IMG]

But these options NEVER worked. You can't even adjust the sliders. So I looked for a solution online and I found it. You were to right click on the "ffdshow video decoder" icon in the system tray and select "ffdshow video decoder"

[​IMG]

then go to "Overlay" and adjust it from there. It would always work.

[​IMG]

Well, a few days ago I did a complete reformat of my harddrive and lost everything. I recently installed the new version of Combined Community Codec Pack and now, when I use the second way of attempting to change brightness, it no longer works. You can adjust the sliders, but they do nothing. I don't know what to do? What exactly is VMR9 and what does it do? Do I need this?

2. pip22

pip22

The Combined Community Codec Pack is not the same as the K-Lite Codec Pack.
    Since you previously managed to achieve what you wanted to do using K-Lite, I suggest you stick with K-Lite.
    The fact that you are now using something different may account for your problem.

What is VMR-9?: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd407344(VS.85).aspx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice