1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using Networked DVD to run application

Discussion in 'Networking' started by FarmkidD2, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmkidD2

FarmkidD2 Thread Starter

Dec 5, 2009
    The DVD drive on my computer is broken(an Alienware). My other computer(Toshiba) does not have the hardware able to run some of my games, but has a DVD player. They are connected using Netgear wireless router. I've managed to Map the DVD drive on my toshiba, and using that DVD, I was able to install the game on my Alienware. But when I go run the game, it reverts back to the alienware DVD, which doesn't work, and doesn't have the DVD in it. Is there a way to change it so it will automatically detect the DVD in the toshiba? I understand it's probably built this way so you can't just take a computer over to a friends house and all start a lan party with one CD, but I'm not violating the EULA, right? I've only got it installed on one computer. Is there a way around this?
  2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Oct 19, 2002
    I'd just get a DVD drive for the machine in question, they're not that expensive.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883113