Using of SUM formula with Simple text two time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zuhaibmalik411

im using Sum Formula with a simple text two time but unable to do that
im using =Sum(C4) & "= XS +" it give me 2 = XS +
but i want to use other formula with it in same cell but it dont allow me to do it
im using below formula and it give me error
=Sum(C4) & "= XS +", Sum(D4) & "= S +"
i want this below result
2 = XS + 2 = S and so on

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello, zuhaibmalik411, and welcome to TSG

Assuming you are using some version of MS-Excel, I am having a bit of trouble trying to understand what you are trying to do. If you are not using MS-Excel, please tell us what software you are using.

Are we safe to assume that cells C4 and D4 contain the number 2?

The SUM() function is normally used to get the sum of a range of cells. If you only need to use the value contained in a single cell there is no need to use the SUM() function; just use the cell reference. It will still work your way.

im using =Sum(C4) & "= XS +" it give me 2 = XS +
Are you sure? I am using MS-Excel 2019 and I get 2= XS + , without any spaces before the equal sign.

=Sum(C4) & "= XS +", Sum(D4) & "= S +"
What is the purpose of the comma? The formula does not report errors if you replace it with another ampersand; =Sum(C4) & "= XS +" & Sum(D4) & "= S +"

i want this below result
2 = XS + 2 = S
If you want the result to end with the letter S, why do you have a plus sign after the S in your formula?

and so on
I do not understand what else you wish to do.

Will this formula do what you want?
=C4 & " = XS + " & D4 & " = S"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online