1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using Putty for SSH between Windows O/S's.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Enstygator, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enstygator

Enstygator Thread Starter

What I'm trying to accomplish is a secure connection between two pc's using TightVNC and either using Putty, or Cygwin. I can control a pc using the TightVNC program, but I wish to do it securely. Can anyone give me basic, easy to understand, step by step instructions on using either Putty or Cygwin to do this? I've already Googled and read the tutorials on this, and I still don't get it. The connection is refused on one end, and times out on the other. Thanks in advance.

2. Enstygator

Well, I accomplished what I set out to do. Either this is considered top secret here, or no one knows how. Anyone interested in how? It's actually fairly simple once you figure out how to get it to work. :D

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Perhaps you'd like to share your solution, instead of just telling us how smart you are? :rolleyes:

4. Enstygator

Ouch. Cough, cough. Relax there, Einstein. I don't see where I've mentioned anything about how smart I am. I've never implied anything of the sort. But, since you're an Einstein, perhaps you can share the info with the class. I have no problem sharing the information with anyone genuinly interested, or wanting to learn. I'm here to do the same thing. I learn new stuff all the time. If you look at the original post, I was trying to learn how to do this myself. Sharing information with some puke with an attitude, yes, I do mind sharing. Here's your rolling eyes back. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice