1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using refurbished ink for photosmart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muruga, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muruga

muruga Thread Starter

our IT man was told he must get refurbished ink for all printers to save money, I have an HP Photosmart D7260. I recall reading that refurb ink for these printers can do damage to the printer, is this so? is there evidence for this reported by users NOT HP?
    thanks

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Just make sure the ink refurb place will replace any printer damaged by exploded cartridges.

Yes, they leak and explode.

3. eberlysystems

eberlysystems

Ya, you have to choose your vendor carefully. But it's like anything else... take your Chevy to GM for maintenance, and ya, you'll get "the best" service and parts, but you'll pay through the nose for it. Take it to your local shop, and there's "more" chance of part failure, but it pretty much comes down to the reliability and reputation of the outfit.

I like OCinkjet.com - had good success myself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice