1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using reserved hard disk space!

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by scootertramp67, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scootertramp67

scootertramp67 Thread Starter

I have a Compaq 5000 series and I just realized that almost 3 gigs of my hard drive is reserved for systems back up on a sperate drive called Systems_backup:dDrive. Why do I need this ? I have my whole entire computer backed up on cdr's. I want to reclaim this space for my regular Cdrive I am suppose to have a total of 15 gigs yet I only show 11gigs. I need the additional disk space. How can I reclaim it? And should I? I have a disaster recovery cd and I have the everything Backed up on cdrS (I recently installed the burner) I would like to eliminate the Ddrive systems backup If it is possiable. How do I do this?

2. hewee

hewee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice