1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using S video form gforce 6200 to latitude cpx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by juju2007, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. juju2007

juju2007 Thread Starter

hey everyone im a new guy, iv never tried a forum cause usually i can fig out my probs but this one has got me, i want to use my old latitude cpx dell laptop screen as my pri display screen for my desktop since my monitor isnt exactly 100%, the latitude comes with a S Video on the right side and my AGP card in my desktop supports multi display so i tried pluging it in but it wont give any signs of it working on the laptop yet it picks up on the desktop as a HDTV, how do i get it to actually display my desktop on the CPx, hope its not too challenging for you folks im still trying but i could use help, already tried hardware accel i think it might hav somu to do with the bios on the CPx, THANKS.

2. juju2007

juju2007 Thread Starter

i would appreciate the help

3. HazzMatt77

HazzMatt77

I'm pretty sure that those are both video OUTs. I don't think they can video INs. If these machines are on a network together, there's certain things you can access and run on the laptop. I used to keep music and video on my desktop and since my laptop is wireless and on the network, I shared everything between them. I could take my laptop and connect it to any TV/Stereo in my house and play the files from my desktop through it.

Depending on what you need, you might just want to get a new monitor. But there's a chance I'm wrong and S-Video can be both. I just always assumed they were OUTs only.

4. juju2007

juju2007 Thread Starter

hey you might be right, i guess the modulator i hav with video is the only type they hav as IN, didnt think about that, well thats man you might be right, 2 heads are sure better.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice