Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Using tablet for Kiosk in store

875 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  izzyburrr 
#1 ·
So, I've really been stumped with this. Currently in the store I work for, we have a registration (web-based app) Kiosk with iPads and we require that our customers take a picture of their ID. There has been a lot of confusion with the customers on how to do this/which camera to use (front or rear) because the iPad defaults to the rear camera. This is really an issue as it is non-intuitive and we'd prefer them to use the front camera, however, the iPad does not give you the option of choosing a default camera.

We have considered switching to an Android tablet and possibly using an external camera?
SO, do you guys know of any software hacks that might help with this or a tablet that might work better?

#2 ·
Are you using a web site rather than an app? There are some kiosk apps out there for preventing users from using unwanted apps and perhaps one might lock them out of the rear camera or default to front?

#3 ·
Yes, we're using a website. I've been looking around for kiosk apps too but haven't found one yet that specifically states that it has the capabilities to do so. Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it!

Do you know of any that might be able to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.