1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using the ActiveX Calendar in Access 2000 to track time off

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lalalelu, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lalalelu

lalalelu Thread Starter

I have put an ActiveX Calendar in an Access 2000 form and want to be able to mark, on the calendar, when someone is out sick or uses vacation leave, etc. If possible, I would like to be able to click on a date and have the various possibilities (sick, vacation, education, holiday) pop up and be able to select which one to enter on that date.

I have created a table with the time off possibilities and have been trying to figure out if there is a way to incorporate an 'event procedure' that will insert the text. No luck yet and I'm feeling pretty frustrated.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Your table presumably has a from date, a to date, and a type (sick, vac...).

Start with a form.
    Place the 3 fields on the form.
    Insert the activeX calendar control.

I can't help further, I don't think, but let me know if you get that far and can't figure it out. MBN (Must Be Nuts) will likely be in to give you the real deal on it.

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Okay, very generally, yes you can create an event. If your event is a Click, for example, you can determine the value of the date with me.calendarControlName.Value.

So, for example, to test, you could have an event that looks like this:

Private Sub Calendar0_Click()
    MsgBox "test" & " " & Me.Calendar0.Value, vbOKOnly
    End Sub

Now, taking that one step further, you could have the event pop up a box with a name space and your choices and save those as well as the date value in another table.

Hope this helps,

MBN

4. lalalelu

lalalelu Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. I was able to make a message box come up--worked very well.

I am still trying to figure out if I can add text to the calendar itself. . . The text can come from a table or be typed in, but I really want the item to actually appear on the calendar itself.

Is this possible with the activeX Calendar?

Thanks for whatever info you have. . .

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    To my knowledge, no. The activex calendar is for choosing dates.

6. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Again, if you stop and think about it, you could create your own form that, when you click on a date in the calendar, populates a list control that could contain the information from that day. That way you can still have the desired information while keeping the calendar in view.

MBN

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice