1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using TV as Laptop monitor and need help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qpqpzmzm, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Thread Starter

I have a good laptop with a damaged monitor which I have used fine with a seperate monitor and wireless key board and mouse at the office. I have brought it home in the hopes of using it as a second computer but also a DVD player for my TV.

I have managed to set it up with the TV fine but here is my problem...

- I seem to only be able to get the TV screen to pick up what is on the computer monitor by using "function" "F5" several times and eventually it comes up after a couple of flashes. I cannot however seem to close the lid of the laptop without the computer going to sleep and losing what is on the TV.

1.0 Is there a way to close the monitor lid without the computer going to sleep when closed?
    2.0 IS there a way I can leave the monitor lid closed and simply boot up AND have the TV recognize it so I dont have to be constantly opening and closing the lid? (thet lid was always in the closed position with my monitor at work and when booted the monitor would simply come on)

thx

My System

Windows 2000/NT
    Wireless Key board and MOuse

BTW. This problem is really minor and secondary to the problem I posted here
    which I REALLY hope I get help for.

2. flash777

flash777

1.0 control panel - power options - advanced - go to do nothing where it says when i close the lid

3. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Thread Starter

thx I was able to fix point 1 as you directed!

4. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Thread Starter

I thought this would be easier but how do I size the display screen to fit my TV screen? It is not fitting now (too large) and I thought I would find it in Control Panel under "Display" or "System" but I did not?

thx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice