1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using two mouse + driver problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MicroB, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicroB

MicroB Thread Starter

I recently bought a wireless mouse (Wireless Laser Mouse 5000).
    Love it, except when I play games.

I decided to try to plug in my old wired mouse (Wheel Mouse Optical) at the same time, but now I'm having problems with it probably because I had to install the drivers for my wireless to work.

Both of them are Microsoft mouses using the Intellipoint 6.3 drivers.

The problem is the scrolling. It's incredibly slow and "laggy", and the scrolling speed configuration doesn't change a thing.

It used to work before when my computer didn't have any mouse drivers.

I've searched over the net and tried all sorts of things in the hardware config panel.

The only solution I can come up with is to disable the drivers BUT ONLY for the wired mouse (Wheel Mouse Optical).

Can someone tell me if this is possible without completely uninstalling Intellipoint ?

Basically, I want Intellipoint to recognize my wireless mouse but not the wired one.

Thanks.

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

Yes, this should be possible, although I have never tried. I'd try going into the Device Manager while both mice are connected and installed. Select the wired mouse in the list and choose Update Driver. Choose to select the driver manually, and to pick it from a list. Next, choose the most generic mouse driver you have, such as "Generic PS/2 Mouse", "Generic Mouse", etc. Something along those lines. It may give you an error, but just continue. After that, you may have to reboot. When you are done, your wireless mouse should be recognized by IntelliPoint, but not the "Generic" wired one.

Hope this helps.

3. MicroB

MicroB Thread Starter

THANK YOU!
    Yep, it works now.

Although everytime I remove the wired mouse and plug it back in, it goes back to the Intellipoint driver. Nothing major though. It takes a second to change.

I'm wondering though why Intellipoint, recommended by the Microsoft's website, screws up my mouse.

Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice