1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using Win2k Active Directory

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mr_yalC, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

How come I can connect to the internet using DSL when I load Win2k Svr, but when I set up AD.. I CAN'T connect to the web, so I can SHARE the connection.

I want to allways have my svr CONNECTED to the web, and LOG INTO the svr to connect to the web from wkstn rig, like at work...

What gives???

One thing that I WANT to do is to have a game running from the svr so I can CONTROL the game/maps, and from my 2nd rig, be able to get on the net and then PLAY the game...

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    It's a little difficult to figure out what you're asking (for me, at least)...

But, I think what you'll need is a program like www.nat32.com
    Depending on how your DSL connects, Windows can't share it by itself like it can Network connections.

3. RCSTechnology

RCSTechnology

A better bet than using your svr for sharing is to buy a DSL router/switch. Then you can run as many as needed on your DSL and have great performance besides... I like the LinkSys models as they are basicly brainless installs and really do the job for cheap!

4. Mr_yalC

Mr_yalC Thread Starter

THX Guyz..... Yeah I have seen that Nat32 as well as KNOW of getting a router, but er,uh CASH PROBLEM....

Oh Well. I guess I will just have to wait 'till tax return or run that Nat32... Whenever I can get this svr rig UP & RUNNING....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice