1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

UT 2004 Crashes when trying to load, please help?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gutterball, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gutterball

gutterball Thread Starter

I just got Unreal Tournament 2004 and I think I'm having some sort of graphics card problems. I meet or exceed all of the requirements for the game

Sys Specs

1.3 gig Celeron processor
    512 meg of ram
    G-Force4 Ti 4400
    Using Windows XP

I had the newest drivers (The Detonato pack that came out on April 1st) installed from Nvidia and when I went to play the game (even at 800X600 res and graphic settings at medium) it will crash my computer and cause it to reboot. I tried rolling back to the previous drivers and I was able to play several of the game modes with no problem, but as soon as I quit the game and went back to my desktop it crashed and now it keeps crashing and rebooting right after it's trying to load a deathmatch/onslaught level/etc.

I don't have this problem with the other game I'm currently playing (Worms 3d). If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

For starters check the Events log in Administrative Tools > Events for errors under both System and Applications. Also try to get a blue screen instead of an automatic reboot by following these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320299

Next, since you did manage to play several games before this began, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game -- or do a system restore to a date prior to the install and reinstall the game. Make sure the entire 2004 folder is deleted before reinstalling.

One thing I have found that makes a significant difference atleast at the start of some game maps is to UNcheck the default option to "preload skins". UT2004 suggests this is only for systems with more than 512 mb of ram and puts a default check in it if you have that amount. It causes memory space to be unduly maxed out I'm afraid.

Also, you may want to contact their tech support for help. Include a "system analysis" in the report. This can be made by right clicking on the UT2004 shortcut and running the analysis tool.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice