1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

UT Server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Randy48, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Randy48

Randy48 Thread Starter

Has anyone sucessfully ran a UT Server on the Internet through an SMC Barricade Router?

I've been beating my head against the wall for a few days and cannot get it to showup on the Master Server List

I've hard coded my actual IP address into the script, opened all of the nessecary ports, even went as far as setting the machine in the DMZ and each thing I try, the log file says "I am Athlon IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX the address assigned by the router! Even after running ipconf release and renew

Any help would be appreciated

2. Rockn

Rockn

Never ran an Unreal server, but will it run correctly without the router in the setup? Is the router assigning the IP address to the remote hosts or is the server software doing it? Do you have a static IP address for the router or server from your ISP or is it a NATed setup through the ISP

3. Randy48

Randy48 Thread Starter

The server runs fine on the LAN. The IP is assigned by the DHCP server built into the router and it's on a dynamic IP from Sprint/EarthLink 1.5MPS ADSL.

I guess I'll try by-passing the router, hate giving up the firewall though! I guess Zone Alarm will be put back to use!

4. Rockn

Rockn

I think you need a static address from sprint if not a stack of them for your router to assign otherwise it is going to try assigning IP addresses that someone else owns and sprint will boot you off. What happens when your IP lease expires from sprint, you will have to change your whole setup again. Make sure that running an UT server is within their guidelines or if they see the amount of traffic it's generating they will cancel your account.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice