Utilities locked up other apps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Izzyblueye

Hi Guys and Gals ! I've got a problem. When I use Notepad and try to close it I hear a phone dial one time. I got a popup yesterday that said a utility has locked the application or program I was using . Now What ? also when using notepad (I'm trying to do a web page ) how do you manover the cursor ? I've tried using the up and down arrows ,the mouse and page up and down and nothing works....Help ! Thanks Have a GREAT DAY !....Izzy

Anne Troy

Anne
Sounds like a reinstall of notepad is in order. Sorry I cannot offer anything else...

Something smells of corruption.
What is your Windows OS?

Have you run a full system virus check recently, with the very latest definitions/signature files?

Please download and run StartUpList
and post the results file here.
This will show a list of all currently running processes and startup programs.
We will then examine this list to see if you've been hit by any spyware/trojans.
If any are found, we will then provide further removal instructions.

hmm . . . only problem here might be that the result file opens up in Notepad.
Can you use the menus in Notepad?
eg. File -> Save, or Edit -> Select All / Copy

Izzyblueye

Thank you Dreamboat for the info ! Now Howdy there Egg ! How it all started was I had a phone line hooked on a 3 way jack and took it off as soon as I noticed the phone dialing thru the comp. when i would close a window I don't believe it does that just when I close notepad . I haven't heard it much but it has done it other times when closing a window in another app. I've got Iris Virus running but I will download the Startuplist ...OK? Thank You....Izzy

Izzyblueye

Hi Egg ! Ok ,I downloaded Startuplist and it wouldn't do anything . Everytime I tried to open it I would get a popup and the famous sound of a phone dialing ...one time. So,I did a System Recovery with the boot disk I have and I got a message that reads...Errors were encounter'd during the transfer (while doing restore system ) so, I clicked ok and went on with it. Then later I got one that said ...An error occurred while windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\WINDOWS \SYSTEM\EZRECOVERY.CPL. Does all that mean ,my Boot Recovery Disk is bad? I notice there's alot of shaded things that I can't use on my computer like Cut,Copy and Paste.Spell check. Guess thats it for now. Thank-You very much for your time on these problems. Izzy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online