1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Utility Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Old Master, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Old Master

Old Master Thread Starter

I have recently had to re-enter all my software onto a new hard drive, and I cannot trace two small utilities which I found very useful. Can anyone point me towards a site where I can download these.
    One was for an Ink Status Monitor. My Epson C86 printer does not want to tell me the Ink levels,now that it has a new Driver for Windows XP. Epson,of course,has not supplied an XP Driver,so that I have to use a Windows 2000 Driver, and XP does not like that.
    The other was a free utility to allow me to print the full width of a Web-site. At present,using XP and an Epson Photo 900 printer, the printed page cuts off the ends of each line. I did have a small utility which gave me the whole line to print.
    Can anyone help?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I usually end up printing some web pages in landscape mode to keep them from cutting off. I'd like to find a non-Epson utility that does it properly. :)

4. Old Master

Old Master Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. I have downloaded both of these, and will try them out. It seems to be obvious that the Epson Web-to-Page utility is one of those that I was looking for,and the C86 Driver is different to the one that I had downloaded from Epson. Hopefully,this new one will be more successful. Thanks again. My computer is always determined to make me feel ignorant,and is usually right!

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. JohnWill

I wonder if someone has made a free one. :)

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

From what I read, FireFox has an option to Print To Fit and there will be on in IE 7 as well.

8. Augie65

Augie65

In Firefox> File> Page Setup> Format & Options tab> under Format section, you can click the radio button:
    Shrink To Fit Page Width.

9. JohnWill

Well, I need it for IE6. :D

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you tried the Epson Utility? I have an Epson printer so I don't know if or how well it works for non-epson users. Canon also has a similar utility.

11. JohnWill

Can't say I've ever even heard of those. I have a Canon printer on the network, so it might be happy. :)

12. new tech guy

new tech guy

I had an epson stylus C60 and my dad had a color 777 (which is on my sisters computer) and the c60 is gone. I cant say i was too impressed. i seem to really like the hp printers. The 777 was on a network and had a built in ink gauge, well when it went network it would not show it, the printouts were never spectacular, and they are just well crappy, i like the hp though good printout, everything does what it says and i am very happy with the laserjet on our network in the basement. When the 777 finishes its last reserve of ink im tossing that and everyones just using the laserjet. Sorry for going off topic, just had to give my IMO in this.

13. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice