1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Utility to find duplicate files and folders?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by tonyacardo, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyacardo

tonyacardo Thread Starter

I have been transferrring files between an 8TB External and a 4 TB portable drive. So I have a lot of duplicate files and folders between the directories I am storing them in on both drives.

How can I compare the 2 directories and find the duplicates.

(different directories on different drives)

CC Cleaner won't do it (at least not the free version)

................ by the way..............
    What happens to files being copied from 1 drive to another drive if the computer gets restarted?
    Will you get a file fragment on the drive that is getting the copy, or will Windows 10 either transfer the full file or nothing at all.

I just rebooted because of an internet connection failure, that messed up a file transfer I am currently working on. (Comcast has been just horrible about dropping my connection for about a month)
    Is there a utility that will help me keep track of what I have and have not copied. So if I ever have to restart my computer during a file transfer, it will remember what I have and have not done. So I can pick up where I left off?

Last edited: May 28, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice