utilizing bandwidth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

i hate ram

i have a 384 KBPS connection to the internet, but when i download, i can only reach maximums of around 50 kbps download speed. i was talking with a technician from SBC (my DSL comapny) and they said that there are programs that will increase the amount of bandwidth my computer will use (speed tests indicate that i have full bandwidth)

i tried googling, but i just dont know what to search for... does anyone know of any programs?

bearone2

Banned
where you download from plays a big part in your dl speed.

you have a potential of 384kbps (not a big b) as a max, no guarantee that you'll ever see it.

the pipline you dl from may have other people dl'ing at the same time and the speeds will be slower than what you pay for.

i just talked to my provider and they advertise 3mbps/dl and 384kbps/ul and i'm never even close to it.

the fastest i've ever seen was 4 separate songs dl'ing @125kbps/song and that was probably from a t1-t3 server line, not teh usual dl environment.:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online