Utorrent stopped working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rwarde

Well, I was web surfing and suddenly my machine got infected by a virus/malware.spybot. I'm not really sure what it was but somehow its managed to disable my torrent software, my web browsers, Opera, Firefox and IE 9. I was able to get back onto the web by reloading an older version of firefox. I also downloaded the 64 bit version of IE8 and substituted it for my newer 32bit version and IE now works, Opera will not comer back and neither will any software that requires and I cannot reload AVG. Can some one offer a suggestion, I really don't want to reload Win 7. I have way to many media files to back up.....:eek:

valis

I'm going to move this to malware, you can follow the instructions at the top of thread stickied there. One thing you need to know, however, is that we do not assist with torrent software, and you may be asked to remove it prior to having anyone assist you.

Odds are about 100% that you got infected by something you downloaded via utorrent.

thanks,

v

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online