1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vaio laptop has power problems even after MB replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ibrahimovic, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibrahimovic

ibrahimovic Thread Starter

Hey guys, I've got a Sony Vaio FE35GP laptop and a while ago I started experiencing weird problems with the graphics. Pretty much what was happening that during startup or a short time after startup, the screen would jumble up and the computer would freeze. I had it checked out by multiple techs and ended up replacing the motherboard.

That particular problem was fixed but now when I power on my laptop it sometimes doesn't start (all the lights go on and stay on but it never posts etc.) and when it does start it works fine for a while until it freezes, this could be after more than an hour of use. It seems that my initial problem was fixed with the replace but the thing is that my laptop battery is extremely poor, it will waste in less than 10 minutes on its own. Having said this, I don't see how this should be affecting the power of my laptop (at startup), cause this happens even with no battery attached and it's running off the adapter exclusively...

I'm running XP on the machine btw. I just want it to power on everytime and NOT freeze while I'm using it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/968943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice