Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition??

8K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  Lance1 
#1 ·
i tried to use the recovery wizard on my SONY VAIO VGN-A250 Laptop and the error messaged i receieved was "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition" please restart computer. I restarted many times and still get the same message. I also have used the F10 key method and no luck. It wont even open the wizard. I am able to boot. Im out fo warranty and tight on cash and really need my laptop to work fast. Want to remove all from the pc so i can use for school. Please i saw a thread about same problem i had but the thread was closed. if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

#5 ·
i tried to use the recovery wizard on my SONY VAIO VGN-A250 Laptop and the error messaged i receieved was "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition" please restart computer. I restarted many times and still get the same message. I also have used the F10 key method and no luck. It wont even open the wizard. I am able to boot. Im out fo warranty and tight on cash and really need my laptop to work fast. Want to remove all from the pc so i can use for school. Please i saw a thread about same problem i had but the thread was closed. if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks
By saying I am able to boot I assumed you could access Windows. So you are not able to access Windows at all? How about Safe Mode?

#10 ·
Here, I just found this. It's from the Sony e-support. When your in safe mode try this.

# Click the Start button, then click Help and Support .

NOTE: If the Help and Support link is not available on the Start menu, re-enable the link in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window.

# In the Windows Help and Support window, click Backup & Recovery .

# Under Backup & Recovery , under VAIO Recovery Center , click Launch VAIO Recovery Center .

# In the VAIO Recovery Center window, under Choose a program , click to select the desired option:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.