1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by epolo, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

i tried to use the recovery wizard on my SONY VAIO VGN-A250 Laptop and the error messaged i receieved was "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition" please restart computer. I restarted many times and still get the same message. I also have used the F10 key method and no luck. It wont even open the wizard. I am able to boot. Im out fo warranty and tight on cash and really need my laptop to work fast. Want to remove all from the pc so i can use for school. Please i saw a thread about same problem i had but the thread was closed. if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

2. Lance1

Lance1

Boot to Windows, right click My Computer \ Manage \ Disk Management. Is the partition there? If your not sure, take a screen shot by hitting the Print Screen key and past it into paint and unload it here.

3. Lance1

Lance1

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
  4. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

how can i boot to windows?

5. Lance1

Lance1

By saying I am able to boot I assumed you could access Windows. So you are not able to access Windows at all? How about Safe Mode?

6. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

i tried to unload here with Paint but it wont let me for some reason...when i checked the partition is there tells me the volume which is the C: and next to it says layout and says partition...

7. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

sorry yes i can start in safe mode..

8. Lance1

Lance1

If it is there it'll say something like "System Recovery" and it should say that it's in NTFS. Do you see anything like that there?

9. Lance1

Lance1

Can you access "Safe Mode with Networking"? That way you'll be online.

10. Lance1

Lance1

Here, I just found this. It's from the Sony e-support. When your in safe mode try this.

# Click the Start button, then click Help and Support .

NOTE: If the Help and Support link is not available on the Start menu, re-enable the link in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window.

# In the Windows Help and Support window, click Backup & Recovery .

# Under Backup & Recovery , under VAIO Recovery Center , click Launch VAIO Recovery Center .

# In the VAIO Recovery Center window, under Choose a program , click to select the desired option:

11. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find partition. once again

12. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

system recovery does not appear in Disk Management like u say

13. Lance1

Lance1

Is that all it says there? Is there another partition? You don't have one that says "Recovery"

14. Lance1

Lance1

If that is the case the recovery partition doesn't exist so your going to have to get yourself an operation system CD. Do you know anyone that has one?

15. epolo

epolo Thread Starter

no i dont..yes i am in SAFE MODE now and it doesnt say that.. How else can i get the CD? or maybe i can download it somehow

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice