1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Valid License Key not working for Office 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by LFactress, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LFactress

LFactress Thread Starter

I recently started a new job where we use the Office 2007 Professional SUite. I installed it on my work laptop, and the IT guys told me that I could use it on my personal laptop as well (Mine is running Office 2003) so that the versions would be compatable. Unfortunately, the license key that worked for my work laptop (running Windows XP) is failing (not a valid license key) when i run it on my home laptop running Windows XP Home.

The IT guys don't seem to know why it isn't working - they use this same license for all of the inhouse laptops, and I'm running SP2 on my personal laptop so as far as I can tell I have met all of the requirements.

Does anyone know why it won't take this license?

Thanks,
    LFactress

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

How many licenses did they purchase? There is usually some limit when companies buy them.

3. eric996

eric996

4. eric996

eric996

Oh yea, I forgot to mention.

If you do install the compatibility pack, you will be able to open up a 2007 document. And when you go to File >> Save as, it will have the option to save in a .doc, .xls, .ppt format instead of .docx, .xlsx, .pptx.

Hope that helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice