1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Valkyria Chronicles 4 Does Not Start Whatsoever

Discussion in 'Games' started by CosmicCricket, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmicCricket

CosmicCricket Thread Starter

I've gone to both SEGA customer support as well as my computer manufacturer with this problem already, and neither were helpful. The former did not offer any further assistance after they went down their troubleshooting list, and the latter told me that they cannot help with what they perceive to be a software problem.

What I've tried:

Reinstalling both the Steam Client and the game
    Verifying the integrity of the game's files
    Upgrading graphics drivers and running windows update
    Running the game after both clean boot and safe mode with networking boot
    Listing Steam and the game as exceptions in windows defender/firewall
    Turning off windows defender/firewall services
    Running the game on a newly created user account
    Running the game as an admin under different compatibility modes
    Running chkdsk and windows memory diagnostics tool
    Cleaning registry keys with CCleaner
    Running system file checker
    Switching to the NVidia GPU as the graphics processor for the game in the Nvidia Control Panel

This is the only game that I have issues with on my computer. When I click on the executable, no window appears. The process is visible in the Task Manager for a few seconds, then terminates. The Event Viewer brings up an error code of 0xc0000005.

I'm using Win8.1.

DxDiag.txt is attached.

Attached Files:

2. CosmicCricket

CosmicCricket Thread Starter

Apparently one guy on Reddit beats 3 customer support departments and 4 different tech support forums, but since this issue has so little documentation online I'll post the solution for anyone googling this.

Make sure the Windows service named "server" is enabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice