Valorant fps drops

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcorn

About 3 months ago, I have started experiencing fps drops while playing Valorant to the point where I couldn't even shoot a bullet properly. I have tried resetting my pc and getting rid of all my files incase it was because my files were causing the problem. That sort of worked and Valorant didn't lag as much but I was still receiving fps drops whenver the game renders a new object such as a new gun or ability. Keep in mind that before all of this happened, Valorant was running at a smooth 60 fps and everything was fine. The specs doesn't seem to be the problem because it meets the system requirements for Valorant (yes my specs are bad but they still meet the requirements) and I have realised that the GPU usage is rocketing down and then back up very often while attempting to play Valorant.

My specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210328175239.000000+660
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 310 GB (268 GB Free); D: 310 GB (310 GB Free); E: 310 GB (309 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4, s/n M80-A6031403180
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapter. Find you GPU driver, right click Update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online