1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vampire the Masuqerade Bloodlines won't install HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by guppi, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guppi

guppi Thread Starter

Hi, okay so I have a problem. I just bought Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines on eBay but the thing is it wont install. I mean, it can't even install the first disc. I click 'Install' and it starts preparing for the installation on Wizard or something. I have HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, Windows 7 32-bit and I THINK NVIDIA and Intel.

Now different stuff happens when i try install it each time. Not good stuff.
    The first few times I tried it starts loading and it says 'Configuring Windows Installer' and then it just stopped and said not responding.

The next few times it got past that and then it said 'Preparing for installation' or something but then it kind of froze as well and then an error message popped up saying '1628: Failed to complete installation' and that is an error message from InstallShield.
    Another message popped up a few times on other times I tried and that said something like 'Error: Failed to complete Installation. E:\Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines.'

PLEASE HELP ME I AM BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!! :eek::((n):eek::mad::(

2. ajkane

ajkane

1) test the disk for errors (nero) if there are some yell at the seller there is nothing you can do
    2) create a disk image using imgburn (google it) and mount it to a virtual drive using damon tools (google it)
    3) direct copy DVD (if you don't have two drives then you will have to do step 2 anyway)

if you try to do 2 or 3 and it comes up with errors, and you haven't done 1 then then you should probly do 1 and save your results and yell at the seller with the results and demand you money back, because it sounds like you have a corrupt disk.

3. guppi

guppi Thread Starter

i will try these, thanks so much ajkane! :)

4. ajkane

ajkane

No problem, post again if those don't work. :)

5. guppi

guppi Thread Starter

Hey ajkane,

I haven't tried 1 or 3 yet, not really sure how but anyway (google didn't really work for me). I tried the first part of 2 (create disc image using imgburn) and it was doing that but then it came up with an error and asked me if I wanted to delete the disc or something. does this mean there is something wrong with the disc?

thanks again!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice