1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Variables... ?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by CyBerAliEn, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn Thread Starter

Hey,

Well... I was wondering if there is way I could create just one page on my website, and then use some sort of scripting or something that could fill in spots on the page with the right information.

Basically, say it was a contact listing. I would like the same simple "template" for every page, and there would be a main page. The main page would show the listing, and by clicking on the link of a certain person, it brings up the "template" but only with the information of that specified person.

The reason why I need this is because what I will be doing will involve too many pages and it would be easier to use a template system of some kind.

If you could help me understand how to do this or a website which can explain exactly and to the point (like as if I wasn't a newbie, or an expert)... my website does offer all the scripting support and etc... so there should be no problems that way. Please, any help is greatly needed! Reply or email me at: [email protected]

2. Rockn

Rockn

Active server pages and an access database. You can set up dynamic content with a minimum number of pages and content can be designed to interact with your db. Once you update the database table your pages would update automatically. There are tons of pages out there some of my favorites:

www.asp101.com
    www.15seconds.com
    www.codeave.com

Best
    www.4guysfromrolla.com

Tons more!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice