1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Various BSOD's preventing boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmonking, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmonking

dmonking Thread Starter

Hi,

I was playing a game for a while, when all of a sudden, with no warning, a BSOD flashes, and the computer immediatly restarts.

Feeling slightly uneased, I allowed the computer to boot normally, but was met with another BSOD. This one was titled: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" with a stop error beginning with 0x00000050.

I then tried to do good old fashioned Safe Mode, but what shown "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" with the stop error "0x0000001A"

Last Known Good Config, same as above.

Seeing the word "memory" I ran Memtest. I had 2000000 before I let it stop. However, when I googled these error messages, people find that they have simple fixes, but the fixes they speak of require a boot into the OS.

I now tried to boot it again, and the new error is 0x0000001E.

I cannot run startup repair, I cannot go into safemode. I can go into BIOS.
    I'm running:
    Windows 7 64bit,
    Crucial Rendtion DDR2,
    Core 2 Duo E5300,
    and Gigabyte GA -G31M

Should I just call it quits and RMA or does nayone haev any ideas?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try a different graphics card. If the graphics in the game were intensive, especially, the card may have overheated.

3. dmonking

dmonking Thread Starter

I removed the card, switched to the onboard graphics, tried to enter Safe Mode, and got a new stop error: 0x00000024

Sigh.

EDIT: I tried running CHKDSK from my windows 7 disk, but when I clicked on "Repair your computer" this new BSOD popped up: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop 0x0000000A

Double Sigh.

4. dmonking

dmonking Thread Starter

The darn thing isn't even letting me reinstall windows. I get a: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error quicklly after it aks me to do a custom installation.

Also, I ran Spinrite, and it gave me an error: (about 60% done) 5672.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!