1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Various issues stemming from one session, apparently.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Whatevername, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatevername

Whatevername Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a laptop running windows vista (it's incapable of running anything better) which has overnight seemingly run into a series of serious issues. Please take note, non of these symptoms were apparent last night. They are in no particular order:

Avira: Avira antivirus unable to complete scan, the program will start but will make no progress and close after a few moments with no error message. (Interestingly Malwarebytes is uneffected, yet finds nothing of note.) Avira fireewall and pc protection apparently ok (though this is obviously bs)

Keyboard: wont recognise most inputs save for down arrow and the letter K. at which point it wil type ( k*6------- ..etc ad infinitum), this is what really worries me.

Mouse: Strange mouse movements, will select bottom most option above all others in any list in windows automatically. click and drag also effected, causes mouse to drag all items down

Screen: takes a long time to show desktop when opening primary account, sometimes will show nothing but a mouse on black screen untill reboot.Guest account unaffected by screen problem but others seem to persist.

In terms of a symptom rundown i understand this might seem a little random, please understand that its hard to run some basic tests with no keyboard. Mouse problem is managable as it is intermitent rather than persistant and finally that keeyboard problems are not limited to windows but pre-windows boot as well (I cant access boot menu for instance, nor select safe mode on reboot)

This might all be way to much, in which case i shall take it to my local shop. They are, however, highly overpriced and lazy so i thought i should find some other advice first.

Thankyou for you time

Please help

Whatever name.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!