1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Various Vista 64x Mouse problems.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Nubsauce, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nubsauce

Nubsauce Thread Starter

This all started a while ago, after I installed Vista Business 64x.

Mouse #1, Logitech MX Revolution.

Problem: sudden gaps in response, the mouse just stops working for about half a second every once in a while. still usable, but VERY annoying.

Mouse #2, Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse.

Problem: Cursor randomly jumps across the screen, most often to the right, and mostly only when pressing a mouse button at the same time as moving the mouse. Also very annoying.

Mouse #3, Razer Lachesis.

Problem: More often than the others, randomly moves the cursor to the right, but more slowly, you can actually see the cursor move this time. Also, once in a while, either the vertical or horizontal axis stops working entirely for a few seconds.

What I've tried for all three:
    Using the company's drivers and proprietary programs.
    NOT using the company's drivers and proprietary programs.
    Switching to different USB ports.
    Crying.

All of these mice were laser mice. I'm a gamer, so this is a massive inconvenience.

Any ideas?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

This is just a thought,have you installed any windows updates lately ? because one of them ( KB938371) is known to cause mouse problems,whether it is the cause of your problem I dont know but its worth thinking about .....if you have installed updates read here for info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948537

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice