VB 2012 project in VB 2010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bravo4583

I have a project that was done with Visual Studio 2012 but when I try to open the solution file in a separate computer running Visual Studio 2010 it shows as "incompatible". Likewise, when I try to run the executable, a message pops up asking to install .Net 4.5.

I've looked around in forums for a way to convert, or 'downgrade', this project to VS 2010. I found a solution that worked from VS 2010 to VS 2008 and thought I would give it a try. I opened the .sln file in notepad and I changed the version number from 12.0 to 11.0 and Visual Studio 2012 to Visual Studio 2010. Once I saved it, the icon of the .sln file changed from the 2012-look to the 2010-look. I opened it and it ran fine under VS 2012. When I tried to open it in VS 2010 I got the same incompatible reading as before.

Can anyone tell me if there are other changes that need to be made to any of the files so that this project can open and execute with VS 2010?? It would probably be easier to upgrade the other computer to VS 2012 but this is for a school environment and it is not my call to upgrade any software.

Have you upgraded your .NET on the other machine? Otherwise you will need to downgrade the .NET version for your project.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online