1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VB and too many windows

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Hect, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hect

Hect Thread Starter

If I create an application in VB6, will it run in Windows 98, ME, 2000, and XP? Or do I have to create different versions of my application?

2. asbo

asbo

Depends on the program...

Might have to re-write to wipe out bugs in different OS's, but it should work alright in multiple OS's.

3. abel

abel

For the most part if you write a VB application to run on Win9x it will most likely run on newer operating systems. Reason being is that newer OSes are built to be compatible with older apps. On the other hand, creating an application on a newer OS will not always work on older OSes.

4. Hect

Hect Thread Starter

Good point Abel.

I have win2000. I want my app to run on Win98 as well as 2000 and xp. Is an app created with VB6 on a windows 2000 platform different from the same app created with the same VB6 on a win98 platform?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice