1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VB - BeforeDoubleClick - I want to change Boolean value of Cancel

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Lori713, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori713

Lori713 Thread Starter

I have a Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Excel.Range, Cancel As Boolean) that contains instructions for certain cells/rows/columns to perform drilldowns after setting the default drilldown in the Insert,Name,Range box. This drilldown is part of PeopleSoft's nVision tool. However, I would like to stop the double-click event if the user double-clicks on a certain cell.

For example, if they double-click on cell A5, I want it to do nothing other than display a small MsgBox. If they double-click on cell B5, I want it to perform the stuff I have in my Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Excel.Range, Cancel As Boolean).

I read in the VB help file for the doubleclick event that:

Syntax 1

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

object: An object of type Chart declared with events in a class
    module. For more information, see Using Events with the
    Chart Object.

Target The cell nearest to the mouse pointer when the double-
    click occurs.

Cancel False when the event occurs. If the event procedure
    sets this argument to True, the default double-click
    action isn't performed when the procedure is finished.

The Cancel section implies that the double-click action isn't performed, which is what I want for certain cells. But, I can't figure out how to change the value so that it thinks the argument is true. I hope this makes sense. Any ideas? Thanks!

Lori

2. Gibble

Gibble

You should be able to do something like this...

Code:
    If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A5")) Is Nothing Then
      Cancel = True
    Else
      'Perform normal actions
    End If

First you check that they clicked in a cell you want to cancel the double click in, if they did, set Cancel = True (it will stop the double click from happening) otherwise perform the normal BeforeDoubleClick Event...

3. Lori713

Lori713 Thread Starter

Once I wedged it into my particular situation, it works like a charm! Thanks!!!

4. Gibble

Gibble

No problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice