1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vb.net installer popping up when opening vb6

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by coltsfan, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltsfan

coltsfan Thread Starter

I have a question, but first I would like to complain....

I have been developing with visual basic for over 10 years now. For the past few years I have been using VB 6.0. Recently I purchased and installed Visual Basic .NET . This is a drastic departure from their previous programming environments and syntax. It seams to me that Microsoft now thinks that all development should be web based and has brought forth .NET for that purpose. I happen to know that there are thousands of engineers out there that use vb for developing engineering solutions (HMI's, Utilities, Controllers, protocol converters, etc.) and could give a sh*t if they ever run on the web.

Thank you for indulging me....

Now my question... my install of .NET went without any problems, but recently whenever I open VB6, I get the .NET installer popping up stating that it needs to install some components. This is before I attempt to open an application that could be using a .NET component. If I hit the cancel button 3-4 times I can proceed. In an effort to satisfy this pig of a development environment, I succumbed and inserted the requested .NET CD only to wait for a half hour while the installer initially appeared to be doing something then appeared to just stop. So I clicked 'Cancel' the 3-4 obligitory times and proceeded to develop in the best development environment ever abandoned (VB6).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Coltsfan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/235723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice