1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VB.net Read file

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Doomsday123, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doomsday123

Doomsday123 Thread Starter

I am learning computer programing in college and am trying to advance my knowledge outside of class. I am looking to make a program that will read the data inside a file and output it to a textbox on the form. The data that i would like to be displayed on the first line of the file and is about 10 characters long. The file that i want it to read does not have a extension but when opened with wordpad it does have readable text inside. After it being read and output to the textbox I would also like to be able to edit it by typing in a second box a string that will replace the data in the file currently. Could anyone help me to get this to work? Thanks.

*Update* I actually figured it out and made the public function but now what i am trying to do is select where the file is stored at because the file will be stored in one of two locations. It will either be stored on the C: or D: drive. How would i get the program to locate which drive it is stored on then execute the necessary function. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice