1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VBA Code to notify me via outlook when excel dates are approaching expiry

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by benny211183, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. benny211183

benny211183 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so hopfully my question is easily answered. I've researched that I can use VBA code for the to solve my problem, but clearly have a lot to learn about VBA code and need a solution for my problem in the mean time.

I have attached the spreadsheet that I require help with.

I have an excel spreadsheet where I have drivers listed and number of days until their License & Registration expire (Columns F and H respectively). The drivers are identified by a driver number in column C.

What i'd like to do is have excel communicate with outlook and send me an appointment or email reminder when any driver is within 5 days of expiring. I also have other staff members that I would like the notification sent to also.

A question I have is: Will the reminders be sent automtically or will a macro need to be run? If it was to be done automatically, would it need to be upon opening the spreadsheet of would it just send the notification 5 days prior regardless.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

3. Keebellah

An appointment is easier, but are the names in column D euqal to the logged in username?
    If not then anybody would get anybody's appointment.
    for example:
    Shane
    Claude
    Rinkal
    Peni

are these the actual usernames of the person when they are using their own computer?

I imagine you have this Excel file on a shaer or similar?

4. Keebellah

I implemented the code
    When the file Opens Auto_Open runs and if it applies an appointment is created in the user's Outlook Calendar
    This is based on the fact that the system's username is the same as that in the sheet.

I don't know aht you what text you wanted in the appointment but I think this looks okay

You can always edit it yourself

Let me know if it works for you

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045722