1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VBA hangs on web query

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by serchn, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. serchn

serchn Thread Starter

Where does it hang, precisely?
    here!

Some introduction and history, as this is my first post on this forum.

Excel VBA, automating processes to eliminate mouse clicks, is my "specialty".

Started this particular project in 2003, used Excel 97 through to 2007, XP Pro, on various computers, ISP.

This problem still exists, it hangs at
    The process has
    etc etc etc.

The actual web query reference comes from a long list, real time updates
    Cell reference method in this case can only be:
    I have tried almost every trick known to me, inlcuding BAT files excecuted with VBA code ( shell )
    such as
    and another BAT file seperately.
    Although these are handy little things to have on the desktop, it helps when web pages hang from time to time, more so these days no matter if I use IE, FF and a few others.

But the project has been "ressurected" after a 3 year break, and when I upgraded Office to 2007, new HD, fresh install of XP etc etc, I hoped the problem would have gone away.
    It hasn't.

Office 2007 has made an overall improvement the VBA in comparison to 97 for this particular project.
    I hope to be able to help others with what I know of VBA, self taught all on this one project.
    The elimination of mouse clicks will be 100% complete, once this web query issue is solved once and for all

Research:
    Just google, the question still goes unanswered.
    Some technical "deep under the bonnet of XP"clues that I don't understand, is why I am here

It has something to do with a number mismatch here:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log

Further research yesterday got me here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/dd318135.aspx
    FROM another Google search that got me to a blog
    here:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive/2010/03/19/9980203.aspx

Technically, this is as far as I can understand, but from my humble mortalness, I seem to think it's now a registry issue,
    something getting "confused" and numbers not matching up, which obvioulsy leads to Excel to hang at;

So it seems it's back to base 1 ?

If it is a Registry issue, is there a specific fix or an amendment to Registry Value or Values etc?

----------------------
    Hope I provided enough info. and clues to solve this once and for all.

Thanks

2. serchn

serchn Thread Starter

Bump

I am bumping this thread because this particular VBA "bug" has never seemed to have been resolved for many years.

It does seem to be a registry issue,
    anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018504