1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VBA to Export PowerPoint Slide to Word Table

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by EricThompson, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EricThompson

EricThompson Thread Starter

I am looking for VBA code to export a deck of PowerPoint slides to a table in MSWord.

The table is 3 columns wide, and the slides need to be imported into the 1st column. This is for a Lesson Plan format I need to use.

I am able to export the slide _notes_ into the 3rd column and the slide _title_ into the 3rd column.

I can get the Export ( ) function to export the slide images into jpg files, but how do I get the exported jpg to go into the Word table cell and not a separate file?

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Try to build a Word macro that will import the jpegs you want into the correct cells, and have the PowerPoint macro call that Word macro after you have exported the other information.

3. EricThompson

Thanks. I was trying to keep the code in one place, but since I have a Word template anyway, the macro idea should work.

Do you know how I can code a frame around pictures in a table? I keep changing the table border and not the inline picture.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Regarding frames - not without using HTML for the table, rather than Word tables. If you use HTML, however, it would have to be saved as such, not a document.

5. EricThompson

What I think will work is if I paste the image in a second document, format the border as desired and then cut and paste the formatted shape into the table in document one. I plan on trying that approach out today. I'll let you know the results.

Thanks for the advice.

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

Good luck! I don't do that much in Word, so you are getting into things I wouldn't try to do.... :)

7. EricThompson

This worked! Kind of messy approach, but it gets the job done!

8. slurpee55

slurpee55

Excellent to hear! :)
    Please use the button at the top of the page to mark this thread as Solved, then.
    See you around!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice