1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vBulletin problem.

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by sepiville, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sepiville

sepiville Banned Thread Starter

okai, i have Version 3.5.2 and i need something, ok i want teh avatar and all the informastion to be on teh side like http://mikecarcara.com/supportforums/viewtopic.php?t=14 this isnt advertiseing im just showing i dont want anyone to sign up at that site because im not useing it... so please help me out im just reali need that also the size of the avatar! thnx

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    You mean you want user info on the side instead of the top? Go to your vBulletin Options and look under "Style & Language Settings" -- turn on "Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template"

3. sepiville

the only thing close to what u said like the section was this.?
    [​IMG]

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Nope, you want vBulletin Options at the very top of that menu.

5. sepiville

okay thnak you that worked one more question can u help me make the avatar max. size biggeer?

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Go to your /admincp, click on Usergroups on the left, then Usergroup Manager, then click Edit next to the group you want to change (probably Registered), scroll down near the bottom -- Custom Avatar Maximum Width and Custom Avatar Maximum Height.

7. sepiville

thanks alot u helped me realy well :) thank you my forum www.supportforum.be will look good thanks 2 u

8. sepiville

sorry i have one more question, how do i make users like color coded? like example admin=red
    modorator=blue
    blah=blah

9. southernlady

southernlady

What version of vb are you running? If it's 3.5 or above, go here: vb.org and use that plugin.

If not, do this:
    Admin CP --> Styles & Templates --> « » --> Forum Home Templates --> FORUMHOME

Code:
    <b><font color="#111111">Admin</font>&nbsp;<font color="#222222">Moderator</font></b>
    The code is what YOU want it to be. Do NOT follow that exact color choice as it is NOT accurate, it is JUST an example. Liz

10. sepiville

okai, i dont see that , i run "Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2" . also i went to the site u sent me for the plug-in and i have no clue why when i try to see a screen shot or download a programs it doesnt let me, i went on with my friends account, i cant , i went with a brand new account, i cant . can you guys install the program and send it to me over tis forum?

11. southernlady

southernlady

Then you can use the plugin at vb.org.

Edit: is this your vb or a friends? Liz

12. sepiville

as i said, i cant download it from that site for a strange reason,

13. sepiville

its mine but one of my friends bought it didnt want it and gave it to me :)

14. southernlady

southernlady

So the license isn't yours. It's his. Until he signs it over to you, you will have all sorts of problems. Liz

15. sepiville

i have his member ship oon the forum the one use to buy the Vb and i still cant do it, any ways i have to go to school just leave my answer and ill check when i get back :) thnx for ur help

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice