1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vbulletin Registered or not

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ashras99, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

How to know that vbulletin forum on a particular website is registered or not when the webmaster remove the copyright information from below of the forum.

Can we mail to vbulletin and ask about the registration or there is any other way.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Removing the copyright doesn't mean its not licensed. There is a license to remove it. As Jelsoft will probably tell you, its none of your business if someone else is using an unlicensed copy. You can report the site to Jelsoft but they aren't going to report the details back to you.

3. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info...but i dont want to inform anyone because as you said this is not my business. But there is no other way of knowing if someone remove the license info or license version?

And any free version of vbulletin is also available or not.

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

No..only Jelsoft will know if its licensed.

There is no free version.

5. southernlady

southernlady

However, there is an Admin Demo available for 24 hours. That's the closest to a free version you get. Liz

6. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Heck, it's pretty cheap though. $160 for a infinite license and a free year of updates. Then $30 per year after that for updates...

In my eyes that's pretty cheap, considering how big and powerful it is, and if you compare it to IPB, which falls short of vBulletin but is more expensive.

7. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

Btw, it is possible to know easily...that forum using a IPB or vbulletin if license information is removed from the forum.

8. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

But removing the copyright notice does not mean its unlicensed. You can buy a license that allows you to remove it.

9. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

I think they were aksing is it possible to tell the difference between IPB and vBulletin if the copyright is removed.

And the answer is yes - if you know how to look for it. :)

10. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Why are you even asking this? Are you trying to cloak your forum in secrecy or something? ;)

11. Lyte

Lyte

If you're asking because you're thinking about buying it contact VB. I've found them very willing to tell someone whether a license is owned or leased. TOO many people have been scammed and I think VB is trying to do their part is putting a stop to it! (y)

Lyte

12. sepiville

sepiville Banned

i got it for free because the owner of a company owns one and he dont use it so he gave it to me ... www.supportforum.be

13. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

If you want to know if it's "real" then just contact the makers of vBulletin. They will tell you.

14. sepiville

sepiville Banned

yea thats ture they can do that, like 2 seconds

15. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

If you were replying to the OP...Jelsoft will not say whether or not someone else's copy is valid.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice