1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vbulletin Search Query

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dvwiz, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dvwiz

dvwiz Thread Starter

Hi all, I'm developing a IE toolbar for a VBulletin forum, but can't make the search box to work correctly. I perused the html code and added all the input names of the Search form, but for some reason it still doesn't work. Does vBulletin require a session id to be able to search?

For some strange reason, the vBulletin.org site allows searching from the browser bar (in the following example I'm searching for "searching address bar"):

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/sear...s=&forumchoice=-1&query=searching+address+bar

Thanks in advance for reading and for any help you can provide!

Santiago

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Their are tons of vB forums that could answer this for you, have you tried any of them?

3. dvwiz

dvwiz Thread Starter

I tried vbulletin.org but they won't allow me to post because I'm not licensed.

I got the message, though...

-Santiago

4. Alaska

Alaska

I don't think Wet Chicken was trying to be rude. There is a Development forum here. Maybe a Moderator can move your thread over there if they think it would be better suited in that forum.

You can see the Development forum in the list of forums. Unfortunately for me your question is nowhere close to something I can attempt to answer, but there are some sharp people in these forums and maybe one of them can give you some aid.

I think if you press the "report" button at the top of your post you can ask a moderator to move your thread for you.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Thank you Alaska, no not trying to be rude at all. I don't even know how you could have misinterpreted that ;)

What I meant was there are a ton of forums that specialize in customizing forums like yours. I'm sure someone at one of those could easily answer whatever questions you might have about vBulletin ;)

Just enter the name of your board into a search engine and I'm sure it will find exactly what you're looking for :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice